Volunteers play an active role in helping Carolina Refugee Resettlement Agency’s small, dedicated staff work with newly arriving refugees.
- Drive refugees to their appointments
- Help set-up apartments for new arrivals
- Sort donations
- Enroll refugee children in school
- Assist the agency with administrative duties
- Provide support in Cultural Orientation classes
- Coach students studying for citizenship preparation
- Organize and clean the office
Our office hours are 9AM to 5PM, Monday through Friday. The majority of our volunteer opportunities are during that time, but there are occasional evening and weekend events.
CRRA asks volunteers to fill out this online Volunteer Application and attend an orientation before starting to work with the agency. Once you fill out the application, we will contact you to schedule a volunteer orientation. Please email or call us at 704-535-8803 with your interest and the staff will guide you through the process if you have any questions.